- Chase Rettig walks into this game with a passer rating of 115.3. I know he's played well for a freshman but its hard for me to comprehend how he has quietly put up such a great rating while being seen largely as a "game manager." More on this to come tomorrow.
- Is it just me or did Ramsey eat his Wheaties this morning?
- Mark Herzlich is flying all over the field tonight and really improving his draft status in the process. I will be interested in seeing where he goes in April but I'm thinking 3rd round right now.
- I was wrong about Williams. Keep giving him the ball because he is a legit back.
- I know we're down seven right now, but it really looks like we're winning it in the trenches at times. The offensive line isn't generating the power run game I thought they might but I think they will wear down Nevada eventually. I see us running it a lot more as the game goes on provided that we don't get too far behind. It looks like we're bigger than Nevada, but a little slower.
- I haven't seen the box score yet but Wonderboy has started a little quiet. Part of that is due to the fact that the D-line is doing better than usual right now. No official word on his tackle total yet but I will post something as soon as I see it in the box score.
- Bobby Swigert dropped a big one at the 3:30 mark. Our receivers need some machine work over the summer.
- We had one month to plan that opening drive? And what did we have to show for it? I hate to say it but I don't see what BC sees in Gary anymore.
- Nice crowd here at the Atlantic Beer Garden. We have about 40 BC fans here rocking the place when things are going well.
- Special teams have been an issue all year. I'm not saying that we need a new special teams coach next year but clearly something needs to change in that department.
Sunday, January 9, 2011
First Quarter Analysis
Okay the first quarter of action is over. Let's break it down:
Posted by Mike at 9:51 PM